My photo
After 15 years of using Nokia devices I thought it was about time to say what I think but trying not to be too serious about this. For instance my two Maine coons Del and Rodney have some very important things to say so I thought it necessary to include them.

Monday 15 March 2010

Purrings on the X6 - Purr 1

So the boys having spent the day with the Nokia X6 have finally delivered their verdict.

Rodney

My main concern before trying out the device was the fur between my pads. Maine Coons tend to have a lot and I thought this may impede the purrformance of the capacitive touchscreen. I am happy to announce it did not. So all us kitties out there can be happy with the knowledge that we can use a capactive touchscreen without fear of our paws being trimmed.




Next up I wanted to see how the kinetic scrolling worked on the capacitive screen - I was very purrleased to see that music player with all the pretty pictures - something I will talk about later and the contacts had kinetic scrolling which worked extremely well. Better in fact than daddies favourite, the N97 white which I can never get hold of because he won't let me touch it. He calls it "his PRECIOUS" - how lame!! I will sneak a play one night when he sleeps. Anyway back to matter at paw. The kinetic scrolling - so how good was it - well for starters one swipe of my paw can take me through over 100 contacts - As for the music player - 6 swipes got me through all 553 songs and pretty pictures. I do like having songs with the pretty pictures attached something that has been very hard to do on a nokia device but now seems that solutions are there. Media Monkey and Ovi Player both do it very well now. Although it should be said I can get several sleeps in while Ovi Player is transfering tracks. A good thing you might say but I am not the most patient of Puddy tats so Media Monkey was the best as it took just 30 minutes to do the 553 tracks loaded with pretty pictures.

Del

Hi everyone - unfortunately the sniff test did not work out well as it really had no smell. Such a shame as I do like my toys to smell good and daddy refused to put some catnip inside the battery cover. This made me very sad.

Anyway on to more serious purrings. What did make me very purrleased was that I could play with and hug the X6 for many many hours without daddy taking it away and doing something with it involving a cable stuck in the wall. Nearly 36 hours of sleeping, hugging, playing and chatting with my bro Rodney on Ovi Contacts which incidentally was completely stable for all 36 hrs. I was very impressed indeed and it was still going strong with two of those little dashes in the top right hand corner when daddy took it from me with a bit of a fight - got a couple of scratches in. Muahahaha


Anyway after much debate our paw score so far is

4 comments:

  1. What an approach Sheri! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got warm fuzzies over the paw scores. Can you smuggle them one day to our building where you are the mayor? Please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. At last! Important stuff in reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent blog mate, another blog for me to read from time to time, I also like how you have used your feline friends as the blogging team, Awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete