My photo
After 15 years of using Nokia devices I thought it was about time to say what I think but trying not to be too serious about this. For instance my two Maine coons Del and Rodney have some very important things to say so I thought it necessary to include them.

Friday 17 September 2010

NFS - Shift on the Nokia N8 - A Purrview















So Rodney and I were busy doing our usual things - sleeping mostly - when we got a sms from Daddy who was sat with a guy from EA. Here's what it said "Boys you have to see this, playing NFSS on the N8 and it's amazing. Your opposable paws will find this game so easy, it's like driving a real car. EA have got the calibration so spot on. You jealous yet :-))". Needless to say we have been waiting not so patiently ever since this message and proceded to hassle Daddy the moment he got home. Now it has arrived in the Ovi Store.


So on to the game itself. Well NFS (Need for Speed) is a very well-known franchise now and having played with other versions in the past on the symbian platform I have to say I was not expecting much. Oh, how I was surprised. The game is PURRtastic. EA have really put the effort in on this one. High Paw to them for that. Not only does the game look Purrlicious but it plays really well too. The calibration on the N8's accelerometer is nothing short of Purrfect. The in-game music is sweet too.








The game has all the elements you would expect from NFS with different Events, each event having challenges to complete as you race.
Choose from circuit, sprint, driver duel, eliminator, time trial and drift in 4 different locations Chicago (only one available at the start), London, Tokyo and World Tour








As you would expect, each car can be customised to improve performance by upgrading Top Speed, Acceleration, Suspension Tires, Nitro. You can customise visuals too with no less than 16 wheel types, a new body kit, 9 body colours and 8 different spoilers. There a total of 20 cars to choose over 3 Tiers of experience so more become available as you progress through the game









Some more random screenshots showing the start of the race, race result, driver profile and the car shop.






















Needless to say this game has caused a few battles between me and my bro Rodney, both of us wanting to play all the time. It's a war zone I tell you. Fur flying everywhere. Size on my side and speed/stealth on Rodney's. He tends to swoop in and steal the device and then hide. But he has to stop somewhere to play. That's when I sit on him and steal it back.

In short this game is a must buy for anyone with a N8 - it's worth the price tag of 7 euros in our opinion - it will generate hours of gameplay as you try to accumulate the cash needed to get the best cars.

A definite pads up from the Maine Coon brothers!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow awesome. I can't wait anymore to my hands on N8.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi its really very nice blog,very useful information..Mobiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. how dwnload this game??????

    ReplyDelete